Pages

Thursday 21 March 2013

Eastern beach recount - Isabella


Eastern Beach


Do you know where Panmure Bridge were?   Well we went to Eastern Beach, and the best part was the whole entire school went.  Most of the students were racing quickly to the four enormous buses that were parked and waiting for us.

We all knew that we were at Eastern Beach because of all the flash houses. Also there was a house that everyone just couldn’t take their eyes of because it was blue and white and guess what?  It had a huge elevator. We saw Ms. Kirkpatrick, Mrs Hood and Mr Johnston standing on the smooth sand. Most of the year 7 and 8 students would not stop looking at the bright yellow kayaks. Mr Johnston told us the out of bounds areas and then, once he had finished, everyone started running quickly to their spot and started having a fine morning tea.

When it was our turn to go on the kayaks, Ms Kirkpatrick showed us how to hold our paddle and then we went out into the deep sea. I was really scared that I was going slower than everyone else, but only two people passed me in their bright yellow kayaks. Also when I saw two of the students at the pink bottle, I started going faster and then I got the hang of it.  Once we all stopped at the pink bottle Ms. Kirkpatrick told us that we had to stand up and switch kayaks and some of us did it very slowly.  When she started calling people to stand up I was hoping that she wouldn’t pick me.

Then I heard Ms Kirkpatrick call my name and thats when I thought that I had to stand up on the huge kayaks that were floating in the deep sea, but really I just had to hold on to the other persons kayak. I found it scary because even though I just had to hold on to the other persons kayak I could feel my kayak sinking slowly and there was water coming in my kayak.

Once I got out of the kayak I wanted to go back on and some people were saying to me “you're weird” they said that because at first I was too scared to go on the kayaks but then I got used to it and now I want to stay on the kayaks.  I went to have a little swim with some of the students. I got so cold that I was shivering in the dark water.

The day was nearly over but before leaving the beach we had to pick up rubbish. At the end we had a little chat and once everyone got on the bus, they started yelling and screaming and I felt sorry for Mrs Anderson because she was the only teacher on the bus. It was a wonderful day full of fun, everyone had a blast, I hope we get to go for another trip just like this one.                       


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.