Pages

Monday 14 July 2014

Holiday Reading Challenge

Food Glorious Food


Food is often mentioned in stories, or you might like to read a recipe book.  Find something that you could cook for your family and make it.  Take a photo or write out the recipe and post it onto your blog with a comment that tells you:
Title - The Pancake Runaway
Author - Mairi Mackinnon
Type of Book - Action
Recipe


Ingredients
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbs sugar
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp vanilla
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted*
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups water


Directions
1
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar into a medium sized bowl.
Stir dry ingredients with a fork or spoon.


2
Add in the vanilla extract and the melted butter.


3
Add in the water to the batter until the batter is the right consistency. I add in 1 1/2 cups first and then gradually add a bit more as needed. Not too thin or not too thick.


4
Now is the time to add in any of the extras your kids like.
I add in berries and bananas as the final step. When you add in blueberries and/or bananas be sure to only stir slightly.


5
Finally spoon the batter onto a heated griddle. Have fun making those pancakes!

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I love pancakes, hope the family enjoyed eating your holiday reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms Kirkpatrick
      Thank you for the comment. My family really liked this and I had fun making these.

      Delete
  2. Hi Isabella,

    That pancake looks delicious,.Yummy! I hope one day you can make one for me.
    I hope you enjoyed making your pancakes.
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!!!
    I like pancake and it taste delicious but I don't know how to make it.
    Now I know how to make it .
    I can make one by self and share with my family.
    Thank you for sharing your recipe with us because some people didn't know how to make a pancake but now they know how to make because they have your recipe.
    I hope you enjoy making pancake and sharing with your family.
    keep up the great work and have a nice and good holiday with your family.
    From Saruja S
    =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.