Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

My Camp recount by Isabella

Hike

WOW! That mountain is so high, its huge and looks horrible to walk up.

I stood at the bottom of the massive, steep mountain with Viola, we said to each other, “we can do this” but really we were holding on to every tree that we saw to prop ourselves up. I had just realized that I was walking at the back with my friend Tatiana. We were so exhausted that we were holding onto each others bag and making others drag us up.

“Come on Isabella and Tatiana” Ms Kirkpatrick said to us. I was making up excuses so I could stop. “Ohhh,” Tatiana, Viola and I said as we were going up the steep steps. Finally I got to sit down. “Can we stay here until I am ready to start walking” I said, “Umm Isabella what about everyone else” Mz Kirkpatrick said. So I thought to myself can I carry on with this walk.

I was walking in the front and this time I stayed in the front with my best friends.  “Can you please wait for me” I said. When that happened I went to the back. “Stop pushing man” as I said angrily.

“Ms Kirkpatrick, I can’t feel my legs.” I thought to myself “I know what Ms Kirkpatrick will say, she will tell me to suck it up and keep on walking,” but I said it anyway, and Ms Kirkpatrick said what I knew she was going to say.

Tatiana and I saw the wobbly bridge to cross I was huffing and puffing. I took a step on the bridge I was holding up the queue. Then once I was at the campgrounds I pushed my friends off their seats and I sat on the seat like it was the last day of camp and I was ready to go home.  

It was a fun, yet tiring day going up the steep, muddy, mountain. Fun day with all my friends but at the same time the worst day ever. This was probably the longest I have ever walked in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.