Pages

Friday 12 July 2013

My letter to the Howick Historical Village


Panmure Bridge School
Kings Road
Panmure

Thursday 11 July

Dear Howick Historical Village

Thank you so much for having us, we have had a fun time. I have learnt so much about school in the past. Once we got there I was excited to see what you had in mind for us. My favourite part of this trip was when we got to play with the activities outside. My favourite activity I liked was when we got the two sticks that look like swords with the ring and we had to throw it to the other person and we had to catch it with the two sticks. The other activity I liked was stilts, even though it was hard I still managed to do it, but I practise with the beginner ones first.

I also liked it when we got to the Pakuranga School house and we got to play with the toys, I had a fun time with all the toys. One of my favourite was the Jacobs Ladder, It was so cool to see the people going down the ladder so fast. The other toy I liked was the men on the string, I went on that one the most and when we had competitions I won most of them because I got to know how the toy works. I also learnt that back in the 1800 plastic wasn't invented so they used wood, glass, string, ribbon, and they used cardboard for the people.

Thank you for showing us what it was like back then in schools. Once I saw what it was like I started to get a little bit scared. Thank you Mrs White, for teaching me about the British Isles and about Queen Victoria. From that I have learnt that Queen Victoria married her cousin Prince Albert. I also learnt about pennies, farthings, shillings and pounds. Even though it was a bit scary I still learnt a lot. Also when we got to the school house we got told that the ladies walked with their hands tucking each other, and the boys had to walk straight and with their hands on their sides, and that it is always ladies before gentlemen.

When I was going around the village I learnt so much like back then the Maori used wooden frames to dry eels. Also I learnt that back then when they were ironing their clothes they used metal for ironing. Also with the other iron it has it’s own chimney because with that iron you put some wood in the iron and they smoke will come. Also with the other iron it has a handle where you take it off because with some irons you put it in the fire to heat up then by the time it is hot you have to take it out and you have to hold it by the handle that is hot so there is a handle that is made out of wood and since wood doesn't get hot you can hold it by the handle and your hand won’t burn. So that's all the things I enjoyed about the trip and all the things I have learnt. Thank you again for having us and we hope we would get to come another day with more people and more parents to help. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Isabella




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.