Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

Holiday Reading Report

Holiday Reading

During the holidays we had to read 3 books. The year 7 and 8’s had to do this activity so that we can improve the results for our learning. Once we read our books we had to complete an activity from symbaloo on our class site.

The first book I read was Netball Showdown. This book was about two girls challenging two boys for a ball, the girls started a netball showdown but they lost then they started a soccer showdown and they won the ball back. When I was reading this book I wanted to do the get active activity so I practised my netball skills with my sister and my mum, I took a photo and posted it on my blog.

Then I few days later I read The Titanic. This was one of my Duffy books. This book was set in Whitechapel, England and since they were on a boat they were traveling places. I wanted to do the radical reading activity, so I went to the park with my family and my sister took a photo of me reading my book on the playground.

The final book I read was Making Whoopies. This book was an e-book and I got this book from the Tamaki College online library. While I was reading this book I found out a lot about whoopie pies, so I decided to do the Glorious Food activity, so I made some whoopie pies.

I really enjoyed reading all these books. I think this challenge has helped me a lot with my reading also I had fun completing the activities. I think if I had to change one thing I would have chosen a more interesting place to read my book. This was a fun and quick activity for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.